The ancient cure that can make you:
SLIM, HEALTHY and ENERGIZED!
Back in 400 B.C., Hippocrates - the father of modern medicine - was prescribing apple cider vinegar for everything from cleansing and energizing the body to curing coughs and colds. It turns ut he was on to something! New science proves that this inexpensive kitchen staple is so full of healing properties.
Downing a tablespoon or two daily can help you:
- 1. Conquer Cravings!
- Cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid, a plant compound that slows carbohydrate absorption in the intestines, preventing the wild ups and downs in blood sugar that trigger powerful food cravings and eating jags, say Swedish researchers.
TO DO: Take 1 Tbs. of cider vinegar with any meal that contains carbs.
- 2. Drop pounds more easily!
- Adding 1 Tbls of the vinegar to your two biggest meals daily helps you drop up to four pounds a month. "Cider vinegar's acetic acid suppresses appectite, making it easier to stop eating." says Earl Mindell, PH.D., author of Prescription Alternatives.
- 3. Prevent heartburn!
- If you're prone to heartburn, consuming just 1 Tbls. of apple cider vinegar five minutes before each meal can prevent those painful flare-ups in as little as two days, says gastroenterologist Joseph Brasco, M.D. author of Restoring Your Digestive Health. "Apple cider vinegar's malic and tartaric acids are powerful digestive aids that speed fat and protein breakdown, so your stomach can empty quickly and effectively.
- 4. Cure tiredness!
- Do you usually feel draggy? Adding 1 Tbls. of cider vinegar to each meal can make you feel more energetic in a matter of days, reports the Journal of Nutritional Medicine. Credit goes (again) to cider vinegar's malic acid, which perks up your mitochondria, the tiny furnaces in every cell that helps burn food and fat for energy, explains Mindell, Important: Apple cider vinegar may interfere with some Rx's. Check with your M.D.
- 5. Look younger, naturally!
- Just combine 1 Tbls. of cider vinegar with 8 oz. of water in a spray bottle, close your eyes and mist your face each evening. Cider vinegar's acids act as gentle exfoliants and astringents, drawing out toxins, unclogging pores and making skin look radiant again, says Mindell
- 6. Just a spoonful of honey
- Helps the vinegar go down! The same Rx Hippocrates prescribed is still the best: Mix 1 Tbls. each of cider vinegar and honey into 8 oz of water and enjoy. To boost the benefit, use raw, unpasteurized honey, which studies who contains a variety of health-supportive substances, including heart-protective antioxidants and inflammation-inhibiting enzymes.
TAKEN BEFORE MEALS, APPLE CIDER VINEGAR CAN HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT NATURALLY!
Back to WOMEN | Back to A-WOMAN
Send me your favorite story.